29 Apr 5 Signs Someone Is Lying to You & 9 Other Articles You Missed This Week
Your reputation has the power to set the stage for future interactions in both your professional and personal life. Similarly, being dishonest with people has the potential to poison existing relationships. In fact, in 2013 I wrote an article called It’s Easier To Be Honest, which explains the importance of being sincere in how you interact with others.
This week Rhett Power published an article exploring several signs that can help you spot when the person you’re speaking to is lying. In the piece, Rhett highlights 5 red flags you should look for and gives detailed information as to why these actions (or lack thereof) could indicate dishonesty. Here’s 5 Signs Someone Is Lying to You and 9 others you may have missed this week.
1. 5 Signs Someone Is Lying to You
You may not have an intuitive sense of another person’s trustworthiness, but you can learn to notice details that will tip you off to dishonesty.
2. 3 Things Bosses Can Do to Support Mental Health at Work
Mental health awareness is on the rise, but bosses have a lot to learn about how to discuss sensitive topics.
3. What California Firefighters Can Teach About Thwarting Crises
You can learn a lot about preventing complex situations from spinning out of control by watching how teams of firefighters handle wildfires.
4. 5 Best Moments on ‘The Daily Show’ for Entrepreneurs
In preparation for Jon Stewart’s last episode of The Daily Show, here are five of his best interviews about entrepreneurship.
5. The Top 10 Venture-Backed Female Founders
Get inspired by entrepreneurs who are redefining what success looks like now.
6. Science Says This Is the Ideal Vacation Length
More days away doesn’t always equal more relaxation, studies show.
7. 12 Things People Regret the Most Before They Die
Everyone has regrets, but what do people regret the most? Learn what they are and make sure not to allow them in your life.
8. How a Former Factory Worker Built a $7 Billion Fortune
Zhou Qunfei, founder of Lens Technologies, is the most successful self-made female billionaire in the world. Why don’t more people know her?
9. 9 Surprising Traits of Truly Phenomenal Bosses
What your employees don’t see might be the most important traits you possess.
10. Reading 30 Minutes a Week Can Make You Happier and Healthier
This enjoyable activity doesn’t involve breaking a sweat or eating kale.