02 May 10 Podcasts You Should Be Listening To Right Now
Podcasting has quietly become mainstream. Apple just surpassed 1 billion subscriptions for podcasts via its iTunes app. As USA Today just noted in a cover story, many top podcasts — such as the Nerdist, NPR’s This American Life and Aisha Tyler’s Girl on Guy, see millions of downloads on a weekly basis. Thanks to the rise in smartphones, people are listening to podcasts in the car, on the train, on planes, and on the treadmill.
While the most popular categories for podcasts are news, politics, sports and comedy, increasingly, business, leadership and career related podcasts are getting people’s attention. In honor of this week’s launch of my own Likeable Podcast, featuring Dick Bolles, the author of the bestselling career book of all time, What Color is Your Parachute, (please click here to listen on itunes!), I talked with one podcast pro and here’s his list of business podcasts you can’t miss.
1. EntrepreneurOnFire: John Lee Dumas, pictured above, is the Founder and Host of EntrepreneurOnFire, a podcast that interviews today’s most inspiring and successful Entrepreneurs 7-days a week. With a lineup of Barbara Corcoran, Seth Godin, Tim Ferriss, Gary Vaynerchuk, Guy Kawasaki, and hundreds more, your daily commute or gym session will never be the same! Every show is jam packed with actionable tips and insights that will propel you to Entrepreneurial freedom. Join us at EOFire.com for recaps of every interview, as well as an incredible goldmine of resources for aspiring Entrepreneurs. Prepare To Ignite!
2. Smart Passive Income: Pat Flynn from The Smart Passive Income Blog reveals all of his online business and blogging strategies, income sources and killer marketing tips and tricks so you can be ahead of the curve with your online business or blog. Discover how you can create multiple passive income streams that work for you so that you can have the time and freedom to do what you love, whether it’s traveling the world, or just living comfortably at home. Automation, outsourcing, crowdsourcing, search engine optimization, building authority and trust, niche sites, social media, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Podcasting, eBooks, online courses, affiliate marketing, getting things done and everything that works (and doesn’t work) to help you better understand how to crush it with your online business.
3. Social Media Marketing: Social Media Examiner’s Michael Stelzner helps your business navigate the social jungle with success stories and expert interviews from leading social media marketing pros. Discover how successful businesses employ social media, learn new strategies and tactics, and gain actionable tips to improve your social media marketing. Find show notes here.
4. This is Your Life: This Is Your Life with Michael Hyatt is a weekly podcast dedicated to intentional leadership. The goal is to help you live with more passion, work with greater focus, and lead with extraordinary influence.
5. 48 Days: Join Dan Miller every week for the “48 Days To The Work You Love” Internet Radio Show. Dan is the nation’s leading authority on work, career and business start-up. This show consistently sits in the top 50 under the Business category in iTunes, and is often at #1 under Careers.
6. The Marketing Agents Podcast: Discover how to increase your online visibility, drive more qualified traffic to your site and convert that traffic into leads and business! In The Marketing Agents Podcast, we’ll interview leading marketers from around the globe to get their insider tips and tricks on SEO, social media and mobile marketing. If you’ve been looking to reach more of your ideal customers and build your business, be sure to subscribe to The Marketing Agents Podcast today!
7. Beyond the To Do List: Come meet the people behind the productivity, not just lists and techniques. Erik Fisher talks with real people who practically implement productivity strategies in their professional and personal lives. You’ll be refreshed and inspired after hearing how others fail and succeed at daily productivity and continue to lead successful and meaningful lives.
8. A Dose of Leadership: The Dose of Leadership Podcast is the ultimate resource of inspiring & educational interviews with relevant and motivating leaders; real-life leadership & influence experts who dedicate their lives to the pursuit of the truth, common sense, & courageous leadership. The podcast will include leaders from all aspects of life; business leaders, entrepreneurs, authors, speakers, military heroes, and faith based leaders.
9. Mobile Mixed: Greg Hickman from MobileMixed.com shares no-hype mobile marketing strategies, actionable tips and tools to help you get started adding mobile marketing to your business to generate leads and sales. Discover how integrating mobile marketing will allow you to connect with your customers wherever they are. Greg has worked with fortune 500 brands, professional sports teams and tons of small businesses implementing mobile marketing programs that generate results. Whether it’s SMS and MMS mobile marketing, mobile websites, smartphone apps, location-based mobile marketing, QR codes, mobile SEO, mobile advertising, mobile search, podcasting, everything that works (and doesn’t work) to help you better understand mobile and leverage it to grow your own business.
10: Online Marketing Made Easy: “Facebook Marketing All in One for Dummies” co-author and online entrepreneur Amy Porterfield shows you exactly how to monetize your online marketing and blogging efforts using her own tested, ACTIONABLE lead generation strategies — so you can successfully launch and promote a new program, grow your email list, get more leads, build your authority, turn your customers into raving advocates OR simply find the time (and mindset!) to rock your social media and content marketing. From creating an online course to video marketing, webinar recording, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube, new content creation (including eBooks, guides and cheat sheets) and email marketing, Amy is going to reveal what works (and what doesn’t) once and for all.
Now it’s your turn: Have you ever listened to a podcast? What podcasts do youlove? Which have helped you become a better leader? Does your company have a podcast? If not, what’s stopping you starting one? Dave is proud to announce the launch of the Likeable Podcast with co-host Meg Riedinger.