29 Apr 10 Things the Smartest People Never Do & 10 Other Articles You Missed This Week
Last year I published an article called The Differences Between Successful People and Unsuccessful People, which explores several traits you should embrace and/or avoid to achieve success.
This week my fellow INC contributor, Jeff Haden published a similar article about why the things you aren’t doing are just as important as the things you are doing. Here’s Jeff’s article and 10 others you missed this week.
1. The 2015 Inc. 5000
Each year, Inc. ranks the fastest-growing private companies in America. See who made the list.
2. These Are the Top 10 Cities for Rapid Growth
The following 10 cities have much to boast about–including hosting many of America’s fastest-growing companies.
3. In the Age of Millennials, Here’s Why Baby Boomers Are Getting Fired
Older workers are failing to see the bigger picture–and it’s costing them their jobs.
4. 27 of the Coolest Products From America’s Fastest-Growing Companies
Fast-growing companies often can’t survive without a great product, no matter how slick your marketing is.
5. How America’s Jobs Machine Really Works
Small businesses may be America’s biggest jobs creators, but the story is a bit more complicated than that.
6. 4 Branding Lessons From Media Superpower Felicia Day
The Hollywood actress-turned-entrepreneur spoke with Inc. ahead of the release of her first book. Below, her tips for building a web presence and media empire.
7. Bill Clinton on How Entrepreneurs Can Transform the Country
The 42nd president exclusively shares with Inc. his vision for 21st centurybusiness leaders.
8. 6 Predictions for Alphabet and the New Google
What do Larry Page and Sergey Brin plan to do with Alphabet? And which unicorns will join Google in it?
9. 4 Ways Small Businesses Can Compete With Big Business Employee Benefits
I know it feels impossible to compete with the big boys when you are trying to hire top talent, but you can.
10. 10 Things You Should Never Do When Giving Employee Feedback
Feedback is important, but doing it wrong can be worse than not doing it at all.
11. 10 Things the Smartest People Never Do
What you don’t do matters a lot–especially where people are concerned.
12. 15 Little Phrases That Will Make You Remarkably More Productive
Learn to say “no” unapologetically, and you’ll instantly become more productive.