30 Apr The 4 Best Tools for Curating ConThe 4 Best Tools for Curating Content & 12 Other Articles You Missed This Weektent & 12 Other Articles You Missed This Week
Earlier this week I published an article on Inc. called, “5 Ways to Make Social Media a Mindset, Not a Tool.” It incorporates an interview I conducted with Erica Dhawan, author, strategist, and CEO of Cotential. Together she and I explore adopting a new mindset about social tools and the concept behind connectional intelligence. It’s become one of the week’s most popular articles.
Also gaining attention this week is Amy Vernon’s article titled “The 4 Best Tools for Curating Content.” In the piece, she shares her opinion on a few popular content curating tools and the best uses for each of them. Check out both pieces below, as well as several others you might have missed this week.
1. Please Stop Saying These 25 Ridiculous Phrases at Work
These days, workplace conversations can sound like they’re taking place on another planet.
2. 9 Ways the Most Successful People See Life Differently
Because success can often be achieved simply by changing your perspective.
3. A Company That’s All About Pets, People, and the Planet
When Montana-based West Paw Design can’t find green materials for its pet supplies, it just invents its own.
4. These 7 Things Will Help You Deal With Stress
To maintain good health and be effective each day, you have to learn to manage your stress level. Here are 7 ways.
5. Daymond John: 5 Traits That Make a Good Business Leader
Daymond John, ‘Shark Tank’ host and founder of FUBU, describes what he looks for in an entrepreneur.
6. 5 Weekend Habits of Highly Successful People
What happens between Friday night and Monday morning? Do successful people keep working hard, or do they completely unplug?
7. 4 Best Tools for Curating Content
There are so many ways you can curate content on the internet. Here are the best four options.
8. 5 Ways to Make Social Media a Mindset, Not a Tool
Strategist and author Erica Dhawan shares 5 ways to shift your mindset to achieve social media success.
9. 5 Mistakes You’re Making When Hiring Millennials
A CEO tried to make a job candidate look bad by rescinding a job offer publicly. It made the CEO look bad.
10. It’s Not Just You: Work-Life Balance Is Getting Harder
A new survey shows that it really is getting harder to set boundaries and juggle responsibilities, and claims Millennials have it the worst. Do you agree?
11. Most Startups Will Never Be Unicorns–and That’s OK
It’s ludicrously easy for Uber and other billion-dollar startups to raise money. But it’s still incredibly difficult for nearly anyone else.
12. The Dumbest Mistake That Smart People Make
10 tips from a former Fortune 500 CEO, the founder of USA Network, and other world-class leaders.
13. Dropbox’s Secret for Saving Time in Meetings
In an effort to clean up an endless succession of meetings, Dropbox came up with a novel solution jokingly titled ‘Armeetingeddon’ that favored leaner, faster meetings and profoundly affected the company’s overall productivity.